A real Manchester punk music legend Ed Banger and the Nosebleeds are back with a new single ‘You’ve been Tango’d’ on Stereokill Recordings.
- A three minute punk rush of buzz-saw guitars & a quick fire beat as well as some of that cocky Manc whit from the man they called the Mancunian Frank Zappa. His influence on groups like The Smiths, The Cult and Primal Scream has been duly noted with the band’s place being positioned at the forefront of Manchester’s music revival of the late 70′s…and so something like 36 years later Ed Banger and The Nosebleeds and back and about to release their new single on August 26th.
- ‘You’ve been Tango’d' also marks a wondrous return for Ed Banger to not just his own band but to punk rock itself. Originally bursting onto the scene as Ed Banger and The Nosebleeds with the debut single ‘Ain’t Bin To No Music School’ he then followed that up by going out as a solo artist having success with a number of independent hit’s like ‘Kinnel Tommy’. On top of that he also found time to work with fellow Manchester punk rock legends Slaughter and The Dogs to record one album and two singles – only to return to his solo work again with singles like ‘I’ve Just Had My Car Nicked’ taken from his album ‘From Banger to Baskerville’.
- But that’s just the half of it as Ed turned that same northern quick whit and sharp humor to the world of comedy, working the same circuit at Steve Coogan and Caroline Ahern, going out as drag Queen ‘Edwina Banger’, touring the UK and Europe fronting a Glam revivalist group, its a biography just waiting to be written.
- So it was a chance meeting between Brian Grantham (original ‘Slaughter and The Dogs drummer’) which led to rehearsals, which along with the addition of Mass Centi on guitar and Steve Wilson on bass allowed them to bring back Ed Banger and The Nosebleeds with a new album. Recorded in just 2 days with 10 punk rock anthems ‘Kicking Off’ is the group’s new album with the first of the releases being ‘You’ve Been Tango’d', it’s a track which plugs straight into that punk rush of ’77 while keeping it all very relevant with Ed’s snarly triad on the women of today who feel the need to bake themselves brown with either endless sunbeds or lashings of fake tan. Its opening lines of’ “in the back room of a precinct shop there’s a sun bed with your name on it” build up into its football chant style chorus, which sorta has you repeating it’s ‘Oooo you’ve been tango’s’. Maybe its just me but it sticks. A real modern day Manchester punk rock anthem and spot-on observation on the uber fashionable, trendy orange tanned ladies of today’s society delivered in true Ed Banger style.
- - See more at: http://louderthanwar.com/ed-banger-and-the-nose-bleeds-with-new-single/#sthash.JoXxOXSZ.dpuf